Leveraging Advances in Time-based Analytics to Drive Revenue and EBITDA Growth
10:45 am - 11:15 am,
Breakout Session (Room 238)
Panelists: Michael Rothschild
PE sponsors and manufacturing executives are often frustrated that their financial strategies are, at best, only loosely related to day-to-day micro decisions. Too often the gap between plans and results is embarrassing. But recent advances in data analytics are beginning to change all that. Innovative manufacturers are exploiting new time-based insights to achieve tighter control over operating performance and major EBITDA gains.
What you’ll take away from this session:
- Relying on traditional unit margin metrics to guide a manufacturer’s pricing, priorities, and policies unintentionally slashes investor returns.
- Controlling margins is necessary but not sufficient to maximize financial results. Margin & production speed must be managed together to optimize revenue, EBITDA and ROA.
- Time-based analytics reveal major revenue and profit gain opportunities invisible to conventional margin analytics.
- Virtually all complex manufacturers generate cash per machine hour at least 8 times faster during their best 20% vs. worst 20% of production hours, but don’t even know it.
- Acquiring a complex manufacturer without first leveraging time-based analytics to fully comprehend its economics is fraught with unnecessary investment risk.
- Pursuing efficient performance improvement initiatives requires sales, operations and finance teams to collaborate on day-to-day choices designed to make money faster.